Having difficulty reading small print on newspapers?
Afraid you're at risk of developing cloudy vision or cataracts?
Facing difficulty driving at night, especially when it rains?
Suffering from dry eyes due to frequent computer use?
Suffering from red, watery, smarting eyes?
Can't enjoy your favourite TV programmes due to tired, strained eyes?
Can't get rid of dark under eye circles and puffiness?
Eyes are extra sensitive to bright light?
Worry not! These common eye problems are easily alleviated with eye-enhancing herbs such as Bilberry, Eyebright, Lutein, Zeaxanthin and Grape seed, which work synergistically to:
• Alleviate eye discomforts, including sensitive, bloodshot, teary, itchy or dry eyes
• Relieve tired eyes, diminishing dark eye circles and puffiness
• Improve vision
• Reduce the risk of blindness due to cataracts, age-related macular degeneration (AMD), diabetic retinopathy or glaucoma
The overall health of your eyes is important to retain clear and accurate vision. Several factors such as smoking, diabetes, steroids, injuries and excessive exposure to pollution, sunlight or radiation all contribute to poor eyesight and failing vision. To maintain healthy vision, it is important to have adequate rest and the proper nutrition.
Bilberry benefits eyes through a variety of mechanisms. It enhances the supply of blood and oxygen to the eyes, strengthens the capillaries that feed the eye muscles and nerves, and works as an antioxidant to inhibit free radical damage. Bilberry may be helpful in preventing many vision disorders in the young and elderly alike. Research has also shown that Bilberry has great potential to alleviate degenerative eye disorders such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
Bilberry is recommended for those who spend long hours reading, doing detailed work, and looking at a computer or television screen. It also helps those who experience blurry vision, watery or tired eyes that ache and burn, and increased sensitivity to light.
The effectiveness of Bilberry is astounding!
In one study, Bilberry increased levels of rhodopsin, a pigment crucial for night vision, in as little as 20 minutes! Another study reported that Bilberry successfully halted the progression of cataracts in 97% cases!
Proven Eye-Enhancing Herbs:
• Significantly enhances adjustability to glare as well as darkness
• Strengthens the capillaries that feed eye muscles and nerves, and improves microcirculation to eyes
• Improves the delivery of oxygen and essential nutrients to eyes
• Inhibits histamine and inflammatory prostaglandins to alleviate eye redness and sensitivity
• Proven to help diabetic retinopathy, cataract, retinitis pigmentosa, glaucoma and night blindness
• A popular remedy for tired, inflamed or watery eyes
• Often referred to as a source of "precious water to clear a man's sight"
• Strengthens the nerves, optic devices and tissues in the eyes for improved vision
3) Lutein & Zeaxanthin (Marigold Flowers)
• Protects eyes from UV rays and blue light
• Reduces the risk of age-related macular degeneration (AMD) , a leading cause of blindness
• Found mainly in dark green leafy vegetables, such as collard green and spinach, but one would need to take at least 5 servings of these vegetables daily to enjoy its vision-protecting properties
4) Grape Seed (OPC)
• Potent antioxidant - 20x stronger than Vitamin C and 50x more powerful than Vitamin E
• Also enhances the effectiveness of other antioxidants in the body
5) Wolfberry Fruit (Fructus Lycii)
• Strong anti-fatigue properties to alleviate tired eyes
6) Cassia Seed, Chrysanthemum Flower & Pale Butterflybush Flowers
• According to Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners, most ailments affecting the eyes stem from an unhealthy liver, and the key to good vision is a healthy liver
• Help detoxify, strengthen and nourish the liver
• Quench "liver heat" that causes eye redness and teary eyes
Questions & Answers:
1. What are the benefits of Ginkgo biloba and Lutein contained in Bilberry Eyebright Plus?
A well-researched antioxidant herb, Ginkgo biloba increases blood circulation and improves delivery of nutrients to the eyes and surrounding tissues. It has also been shown to increase visual acuity and maintain healthy vision in later years. Lutein (xanthophyll) extracted from the marigold flower, is a vision-enhancing antioxidant. It provides nutritional sustenance to preserve eyesight and protect against light-sensitivity.
2. Is Bilberry Safe?
Bilberry is a safe food herb, commonly eaten as a jam in Europe, with no known toxicity. In recommended dosage, no side effects have been reported with Bilberry. It is best, however, to consult your doctor before taking Bilberry if you are on medications for heart problems, stroke or if you are on chemotherapy.
3. Can diabetics on oral medication or insulin take Bilberry?
Bilberry is widely used to prevent and treat diabetic retinopathy (non-inflammatory degeneration of retina). It protects and strengthens the blood vessels and capillaries in the eyes. Blood sugar levels, however, should be monitored regularly.
4. What is the recommended dosage of Bilberry Eyebright Plus for children?
Children between the ages of 5 -12 years can take 1 capsule daily.